bypass paywalls clean on android phone
- Install 'Firefox Nightly For Developers' from the playstore
- Create a firefox account (accounts.firefox.com) and signin into it
- sigin into the firefox account if necessary
- Scroll down to “Add to collection”
- If this is the first time → “Create new collection”, say raju_addons.
- When you are creating your collection, you will see a number in the Custom URL field. This number is your user ID. This is needed when linking the collection to your User ID.
- Add the extension to that collection.
- Link the collection to your account
- Firefox → 3 dots at the bottom right → Settings → About Firefox Nightly → Tap on the logo 5 times
- Go back to Settings
- Custom Add-on collection
- Give the User ID, collection name
- Application will close
- Restart the app → 3 dots at the bottom right → Add-ons → click on the + sign next to “BypassPaywalls Clean” → Allow in private browsing → Check
tested on | Google pixel 6
- https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=31647995 - where I discovered the idea
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/extended-add-support - contains instructions on how to link firefox nightly to addons collection
- Per https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/fenix/issues/15529#issuecomment-701478178 , the ID and collection name must match their respective values in the Collection URL, not the display name.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/collections/<USER ID>/<COLLECTION NAME>/
So, for example, given a collection named “Abc Def”, you must enter “Abc-Def” (note the dash) as the “Collection name” in the “Add-ons” screen.
bypass paywalls on desktop
bypass_paywalls.txt · Last modified: 2023/01/20 15:34 by raju