Table of Contents
configure pycharm with pytest
File -> Settings -> Tools -> Python Integrated Tools -> Testing -> Default test runner -> select pytest from the dropdown -> OK
Tested with pycharm 2022.1
mark import as used
On the unused import line press Alt+Enter → “Optimize imports” → Disable inspection
To revert back to the normal behaviour
Ctrl+Alt+s → Inspections → search for “unresolved references” → select the one in Python → check
copy function name with the class name
- Ctrl+Alt+F9 - run to cursor and skip all the break points in between
- Alt+Shift+F8 - step over the current line of code and ignore all the break points in between
- Alt+F9 - run to cursor
- F8 - step over
useful command line shortcuts
- Ctrl+E - recent files
released, version 2023-03-29, 2023.1 2023-03-09, 2022.3.3 2023-03-15, 2022.2.5 2022-08-16, 2022.2.1 2022-04-12, 2022.1 2021-07-27, 2021.2 2021-04-06, 2021.1 2020-12-01, 2020.3 2020-07-28, 2020.2 2020-04-07, 2020.1 2019-10-31, 2019.2.4 2019-09-25, 2019.2.3 2019-07-30, 2019.1.4 2019-05-29, 2019.1.3 2019-05-07, 2019.1.2 2019-02-26, 2018.3.5 2019-01-29, 2018.3.4 2018-09-19, 2018.2.4 2018-04-09, 2018.1.1 2017-09-05, 2017.2.3 2017-08-23, 2017.2.2 2017-07-11, 2017.1.5
- https://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/download/#section=linux - latest version
- https://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/download/previous.html - previous releases
- Editor basics - https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/using-code-editor.html
- → Came to know about Ctrl-Shift-F12 shortcut from here
- → https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/creating-and-running-your-first-python-project.html - for beginners; useful if you have not read it before.
- → https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/debugging-your-first-python-application.html - for beginners; useful if you have not read it before.
- → https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/testing-your-first-python-application.html - for beginners; useful if you have not read it before.
- Where are run debug configurations stored?
- pycharm tutorial - https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/quick-start-guide.html
- checkout code from subversion repository - https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/checking-out-files-from-subversion-repository.html
- add directory to the module path - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28326362/pycharm-and-pythonpath
- Feature-by-feature comparison between community and professional versions - https://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/features/editions_comparison_matrix.html
- https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/menus-and-toolbars.html - contains a picture showing the menus and toolbars
- homepage - https://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/
- documentaion in pdf - https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/2017.1/pycharm-2017.1-help.pdf . Does a similar thing exist for 2017.2?
- Joining Lines and Literals - https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/joining-lines-and-literals.html
links to the documentation
- Change project name - https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/renaming-projects.html
- Exclude some directories from pycharm project - https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/excluding-files-from-projects.html
- Find Tool Window - https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/find-tool-window.html
- Where is a variable declared - https://www.jetbrains.com/help/idea/navigating-to-declaration-or-type-declaration-of-a-symbol.html
- Always open a new project in a new window - https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/opening-reopening-and-closing-projects.html
- check the log commits betwen two branches - https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/manage-branches.html#compare_branches
tags | git log branchA..branchB